Friday, May 1, 2009

Bangkok Baby

I'm onboard a flight to Bangkok right now with YW as I type this post. It was sort of a last minute decision made last week,and since it was a long weekend with friday being Labour Day, we decided to make a short trip over to the Land of Smiles. I've been wanting to do a trip with YW for quite some time now but there always seem to be differences in our individual schedules. The prices at which we purchased the airline ticket were considered a little steep but whatever. Ryu did promise me a fun friday night so he'd better keep his words and I'd also be able to hang out with the rest of the Team Player gang in Bangkok. Lastly not to forget my favourite
finnish fish, Mr Panu Rantaala(hope I didn't get spelling wrong).

What's different about this trip is that I would try to not be playing any poker at all and just have a purely touristy experience with YW. I've been eagerly anticipating for the past few days for friday to arrive, so I do hope we're gonna have a smashing time here. Also I would be looking forward to collecting my ping pong prop bet payment from Marcel who's the self-proclaimed best SNG player in Bangkok.

Pokerwise its been going decent, I'm getting back on track once again and I'm determine not to be screwing up this time round. Its been a lot more sideline work rather than playing volume for the month of April. Its also partly due to me taking up a more busy post in my military service. Its just close to a little more than one more year to go so I'll just try to hang in there. I think by the mid of May, my articles and videos would be up on SuitedAces so do look out for that. There's plentiful of promotions to come so do let me know if you are seeking any great deals for poker sites. Recently I've also taken to playing more NL cash games along with my PLO and putting my SNGs aside at least for the moment. One leak that I've plugged is that I stop treating my cash game stack like a tourney stack. This made me realise what a total cash game fish I was in the past and probably still am one at the moment.

Another thing which irks me a lot is the fact that recently many Singaporean guys in the poker scene have not made good their words on whatever deal or agreement they have or had made with me. There is not going to be any name pointing around here but I believe if a person can do it once to me then why can't he do it again to me in the near future. So if you are one of those guys, I think you should just burn in hell and I would definitely have you on my black list unless proven innocent somehow. I think integrity and making good one's words is a pretty important to a poker player's reputation and given the small circle here in Singapore, it does not pay to have a bad reputation amongst your countrymen.

Ok, my laptop's almost out of battery. Hope everyone would have a nice long weekend ahead and good luck at the tables too if you guys are gonna be playing.

No comments: