Sunday, January 20, 2008

Encounter with a Super Duper Fish

There was this new guy who came to our home game a few weeks ago, let's call him Kenny. Being a new player, we did not really know much about him. But two hands played with him left a really deep impression on me. The blinds were $0.50/$1

First hand of the night, I'm dealt pockets Jacks and there were four limpers prior to my turn to act. I raised it to $7.50 and Kenny in the Big Blind instant calls, the rest of the limpers promptly folded. The flop cam J45 rainbow. Kenny checks to me, I bet out for $10 which was about 2/3 of the pot, Kenny instant calls again. On the turn came an 8, this time around Kenny fires $1 into the $25 ++ pot, I raised to $10 and he instant calls again. I started fearing that he had the 76. River came a brick and Kenny fired out another suspicious $1 bet, I raised it to $12 and Kenny snap calls me, guess what he turns over. (See Below)

Second hand that we cross swords. I'm dealty KQ suited on the button, again there were a few limpers before I acted, one of them which included Kenny. I raised to $10 to play, Kenny and another limper called. Flop came 884. Kenny checks, other guy checks, fearing someone was slow playing I checked instead of firing on air. Turn dropped a 2. Kenny fires $1 again, other guy called, I called just because it was a $1 bet. River came a 7, again Kenny fires $1, the other guy folded and I called because it was $1 in a $30 pot, guess what does Kenny flipped. (See Below)

After that night, I never saw Kenny anymore. Oh words can't describe how badly I missed him. Ok enough of sprouting nonsense, now back to the tables.


















[1st hand K3, 2nd hand J5 ]

No comments: